Saturday, October 1, 2005

Only in Victoria...and Ottawa this year.

A friend of mine recently commented that Hil and I seem to live such surreal lives - this after I told him over the phone that I was standing in the Moss St. Market eating pakoras and watching the aftermath of 99 nursing moms try and "set a record for the largest number of women breastfeeding simultaneously in one province." Apparently Victoria mothers have held the record for the last three years only to be ousted today by 179 women in Ottawa and another 118 in Montreal.

I'm not quite sure "surreal" is the right word but it does at least point toward the general vicinity of things...

2 comments:

King Bing said...

I had no idea that this was happening whilst you were talking on the phone with me. I just about bust a friggin' gut when I read this. Absolutely classic!

James Kingsley said...

if only I had the capabilities to make a difference next year - then it would be: "lights out" Ottawa...