Thursday, November 30, 2006

5 great oldies

The other night as I was cruising downton to pick Hil up from work I was more than pleased to hit an uninterupted stream of songs on the closest thing we've got to an oldies station around here. It's unfortunate that the station has recently changed its programming format from 50's & 60's gold to some good stuff from the 60's and lots of drivel from the early 70's, but nevertheless, every once and a while you get a set like this and no matter the weather or time of day, you've got to roll the windows down:

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" - Stevie Wonder
"Suspicious Minds" - Elvis Presley
"I Think We're Alone Now" - Tommy James & the Shondells
"Dance to the Music" - Sly & the Family Stone
"Louie Louie" - The Kingsmen

1 comment:

AJ Renton said...

That is most assuredly a great list of classics.

I must admit that I am more a fan of Tiffany's "I Think Were Alone Now" from the 80s. Oh that Tiffany...