Friday, December 22, 2006

air _____ vs air _____.

Hil and I were cruising around London this afternoon in the family mini-van and listening to Joan Jett's "I Love Rock n' Roll" when out of the blue, Hil whips out this massive (considering she was wearing her seatbelt) air-guitar. As I got to thinking about the fantastical move I realized that I'm not sure I've ever truly busted out a genuine air-guitar riff. And the more I've been thinking about it, the more I'm realizing there are two kinds of people in this world - not that one is better than the other, just that there are some differences: some play air-guitar, and some are air-drummers.

I assume there's probably some grant money out there available to look into the psychology of what makes someone choose different air-instruments, but I figure the comments to this post could be just as informative.

So, dear readers, what personality traits are exhibited by air-guitarists, as opposed to air-drummers? Can you truly be both? What is more important to the air-band? Can such questions even be asked?

And by the way, I, in my wildest rock and roll dreams, am an air-drummer through and through.

4 comments:

LJ said...

Not that I would truly admit to this, but .... I'm probably more of an air-guitar person than air-drums ... LJ

Anonymous said...

At first I thought I was both but then I realized I was more of a drummer. The two hand thing of guitar is just too complicated for me... plus with the drums there's the option of mouth noises to match... (I think my son calls it beat boxing???)

Peter said...

air drumming all the way...

Sometimes I air drum AND beat box

Brian said...

definately air drummer, with the occasional trumpet thrown in for good measure