Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ron on Kingdom Economics

Ron has just written a post I'm sure to be referencing a lot over the years. To put it mildly, I think it's one of the most important/inspiring posts I've read this year.

In essence, it's his "two cents" on the direction that many faith communities can (and maybe should) head when it comes to the way we gather, pool and spend our money and study. And what does he suggest? That we sell our buildings and move into our homes (not to be confused with turning into a house church), limit our paid pastoral staff to "connectors," and pursue local servanthood/mission as individuals (or small groups) and global servanthood/mission as collected community.

Anyway, it's a fabulous post and I highly recommend you read the whole thing.


2 comments:

don crawford said...

Agreed, was just over there. Hmmm ... still think it is amazing what one sees differently from the other side.

ron cole said...

Don, man, you can't just leave it hangin' like that, "still think it is amazing what one sees differently from the other side."

I think there's post there, I'd love to hear what your thinking...I know there's something in there. Peace, Ron+