Saturday, May 10, 2008

Coldplay goes EuroPop/Dance Mix '93

Well, it was a busy week with lots going on. Lots of work, lots of celebration, lots of good people. Which brings me to a Saturday morning full of playing a little catch-up while Hil's out slimming down our possessions at a garage sale with some friends. Which brings me to this....

Currently NOT Listening
Coldplay - Viva la Vida
Seriously, the kick-drum in this reminds me of Dance Mix '93, and after it finally fades to the background the entire song takes on this whole EuroTrashy football commercial feel. Honestly, I'm picturing little kids running around with streamers while otherwise brawling and drunk hooligans embrace to celebrate victory beneath a gentle slowmotion rain of tickertape.

Really, it's quite the let-down after how much I enjoyed their free release; which is fully worth a listen if you want to get that second taste out of your mouth.

No comments: