Friday, June 13, 2008

Music Consumption: Back to the CD

In a move to better digest and metabolize the music I listen to, I've recently decided to switch up the way I acquire music.

While I love the simplicity and (sometimes non)price of digital music, it's just too easy to gorge: too many songs/albums in too short of time = neglect. Add to that the fact that I'm also a bit of a nervous-Nellie about not having all my digital music backed up on individual cds and you've got yourself a classic need of a digital diet.

Naturally, singles, hard-to-find albums and the guilty pleasures too embarrassing to purchase in person will still find their way into my library via the iTunes store, but to slow it down I'm making an effort to purchase the bulk of my music in its glorious Compact Disc format.

Hello hi-fidelity. Hello Liner Notes. Hello instant hard copy.

No comments: