Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Idle Rant

Do you want to know why London is proposing a 1-minute limit on letting your car idle?
I'll make an educated post about why I support this move some other day, but for now, here's the unadulterated simple answer: it's because this city is full of idiots.

Case(s) in point.

I went to Angelo's on Southdale for lunch today. It was too hot to eat outside so I ate inside. The food was good (as usual), but then: the idiots....

I'm walking back to my car and notice the guy in front of me is walking straight toward a running car with nobody in it. Do you think he dropped his (4 bags worth of) groceries in frustration realizing that he'd locked his keys in his car? Did he pick up the pace to see if somebody was leaning over in the front seat to hotwire his ride?

No folks, this winner of a Londoner had merely left his car running for the entirety of his shopping trip. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure it takes a while to check 4 bags of groceries out - let alone fill the bags in the first place.

You sir, are an idiot.

And it doesn't stop there.

I'm still flabbergasted by this dolt's total disregard when I realize that the honking huge mother of an SUV parked beside me is also running. Which is strange, because it also looks empty. But then I see movement behind the tinted windows and realize that there's two more idiots sitting in the car - leisurely stuffing their AC blasted pie-holes with lunch. Morons.

Like I say, I'll explain my reasons for supporting the idle-ban in more (positive) detail at another time, but to the three idiots I watched make the rest of us hotter just so you could keep cool: do us a favour and next time you leave your car idling, make sure you leave the window down just enough to leave space for the hose connected to your tailpipe.

4 comments:

Tangira said...

Sweet, man !

There's nothing like a bad ass kingsley - very refreshing (:

Nail those suckers, bro !

thehappylainy said...

Maybe the first idiot had remote start? One of my cars have remote start and I start my car as soon as I walk out of the store, it's a habit from the freezing winter.

James Kingsley said...

oh that i were as gracious as you ;)

that could very well have been the case...

DP said...

Morons.
Kingsley for PM