Monday, June 8, 2009

Jets Overhead | No Nations (Pre-Review)

I've yet to listen to the full album (my sister is picking me up a CD when they play rock the Horseshoe tomorrow night) but the five tracks streaming online (listen here) are enough proof that Jets Overhead's newest album is going to grow both their fanbase and growing collection of critical praise.

If you're not familiar with the band, let me say this: they are masters of what I call "the defining moment."

Many of their songs build to an apex where everything that has come before it has pointed and where everything that will happen after is because of. Sometimes it's a bridge, sometimes it's a whole chorus, sometimes it's little more than a small variation on a vocal track that makes all the difference. But believe me, it makes a difference. This is music that pays off.

Expect a review of the full album in the next few weeks, but for now, head on over to their site and give the first five tracks a listen. (Standout track so far: I Should Be Born)


Jets Overhead - No Nations from Transmission2 on Vimeo.



Related:
JetsOverhead.com
Recent Article from the Times Colonist

No comments: