Saturday, July 11, 2009

Simple summer threads for the blog

I woke up early this morning and decided to give the blog's look and feel a bit of an overhaul.

The idea was to lose the "texture" and head toward the basics: lots of grey, lots of white, and lots of space.

I ended up going pretty slim as well - mainly because I'm really liking the simplicity of iPhone one-column sites as well as some of Tumblr's default templates these days. Being forced to work with less real-estate is a rewarding challenge...

I may spruce the design up a bit up over the next few weeks, but in the meantime feel free to swing on by and let me know what you think of the look/performance thus far.

2 comments:

Tangira said...

Well, I remember what you said to me one time, James : " True simplicity has a complexity about it ".

I like what you've done. Nice.

James Kingsley said...

glad you like it! i'm currently making a few more changes, so check back in the next few days...

nothing drastic, just some stylistic stuff to make it a bit easier to navigate.